Administrative Judge: Judge Louisa Abbott
District Court Administrator: Danny Deloach
Circuits: Atlantic, Brunswick, Eastern, Ogeechee, Waycross
• The Eastern Judicial Circuit has developed a Veterans' Court with a $600,000 grant.
• Liberty County is enjoying a brand new Justice Center. The 92,000 square foot facility cost $19 million and includes four courtrooms for state and superior courts, one courtroom each for the magistrate and probate courts, and a jury assembly room. The Liberty County Justice Center opened in May 2011.
Administrative Judge: Judge Mary Staley
District Court Administrator: Jody Overcash
Circuits: Cherokee, Cobb, Conasauga, Douglas, Lookout Mountain, Paulding, Rome, Tallpoosa
• The Paulding County Pre-Trial Release Program won the 2011 GCCA Program of the Year Award. The program allows eligible, carefully screened defendants to be released under supervision the benefits to the program are that defendants are able to maintain jobs, jail capacity is reduced, and the county is able to save thousands of dollars. As of October 2011, the Paulding County Pre-Trial Release Program is serving 120 defendants and has saved the county an estimated $277,915.18.
Administrative Judge: Chief Judge C. Andrew Fuller
District Court Administrator: Steve Ferrell
Circuits: Appalachian Circuit, Bell-Forsyth, Blue Ridge, Enotah, Gwinnett, Mountain, Northeastern
• Two counties in the Ninth District have courthouses under construction — Dawson County and Habersham County.
• Judge Brenda Weaver is establishing a Veteran's Court in the Appalachian Circuit and Judge Murphy Miller is establishing a Mental Health Court in the Enotah Circuit.